VTEC Aboriginal Employment Development
About the Company
Real Futures is majority Aboriginal owned company. We provide Vocational Training and Employment Centre (VTEC), CDP and DES services across Australia.
As a (VTEC), Real Futures connects Aboriginal jobseekers with guaranteed jobs and brings together the support services necessary to prepare and sustain jobseekers into long-term employment.
Currently we have a great opportunity for a VTEC Aboriginal Employment Development Specialist to join our team.
About the role:
VTEC Employment Development Specialist (EDS) is responsible for the successful placement and transition of work ready Aboriginal candidates into sustainable employment and/ or education. The (EDS) plays an integral role in securing sustainable employment for Aboriginal jobseekers and assists employers to develop and implement Aboriginal employment strategies in the Newcastle and Hunter areas NSW.
Key duties of the role include:
- Undertake targeted marketing to secure employment for aspirants of Real Futures
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with employers and a wide range of other stakeholders
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to refer and advocate for job ready Indigenous participants for available vacancies;
- Provide individually tailored plans and support to participants to achieve employment / education outcomes;
- Coordinate Aspirant and Employer onboarding process such as training, licences, wage subsidy information, referrals, reference checks and documentation
- Identify support required by Aspirant and document in Training and Support Plan
You will be passionate and committed to achieve positive and sustainable outcomes for Aboriginal participants, along with:
- Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander person
- Knowledge, passion, and experience delivering targeted programs within the Aboriginal community
- Case management and job active/employment services experience;
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of labour market strategies, training or employment development programs.
- Ability to build rapport and to network with key stakeholders across industry, community, and educational institutions;
- Current motor vehicle driver’s licence and a good driving history.
- Able to pass a Working with Children’s Check or willingness to obtain ASAP
- Ability to pass Drug & Alcohol Test
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Thank you for your interest in this position. Please note only candidates successful in progressing to interview stage will be contacted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud of our diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all sections of the community especially Indigenous Australians and people with disabilities.